Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Wipers!!!

7K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  croman 
#1 ·
Unbelievably lucked onto a school of wipers fishing from shore. I landed 4 in 15 minutes ranging from about 2-5lbs. The photo is of the largest.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
That's awesome! I hooked into one last year and had zero clue there were any in there. Apparently a bunch were stocked a few years ago to control the shad population. From my understanding it was a one time deal so what's in there now is it. Very cool that you found a few!

#9 ·
Too cool!
I got into a bunch of these one day a few years back, it was Thanksgiving day, cold and windy, no one else in sight, the wind was blowing into my face and there were white caps on the lake. caught maybe 10 in about a half hour.
They fight hard, especially on my pflueger UL!
You did release them, right?!?
Catch and release only at Lake Arlington, unless English is not your native language apparently......................

#10 ·
nerf888 said:
Catch and release only at Lake Arlington, unless English is not your native language apparently......................
There's no mention or indication of keeping fish and his post was typed coherently in English. Kind of a harsh presumptive comment to a new poster here...

The photo was taken at the lake, not in his garage or basement, although a bit from the water, on the other side of the parking spots from the lake. But you see the photographer in the pic. Common sense would tell you he ran up to ask a passerby to snap the photo for him. Anything else you want me to reveal about this successful outing??

#11 ·
RonG said:
nerf888 said:
There's no mention or indication of keeping fish and his post was typed coherently in English. Kind of a harsh presumptive comment to a new poster here...

The photo was taken at the lake, not in his garage or basement, although a bit from the water, on the other side of the parking spots from the lake. But you see the photographer in the pic. Common sense would tell you he ran up to ask a passerby to snap the photo for him. Anything else you want me to reveal about this successful outing??
Seconded. Seemed a little harsh to me too.

I'm no fan of the bucketheads but I agree with Ron's assessment. Can see the water in the reflection in Natural's sunglasses. English was spot on too.

#13 ·
I was not implying he was the kind that would keep the fish…Conversely I was implying that he caught into some nice fish that are there to catch because of the catch and release policy that all too often at this little jewel if a lake in a very unlikely location, totally ignored.
You naysayers are a little too quick on the trigger of negativity.
Perhaps you should be working for cnn…

#14 ·
Nice job.

I took my cub scout den (1st graders) there Thurs eve. Fished the north parking lot side, straight down from the lot. All the kids caught bluegill and had a good time. No bite though, for the first 30 or so minutes... thought we were all going to get skunked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.