Serious question

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Serious question

Postby Brett » Jun Thu 15, 2017 5:36 pm

What do you suppose the probability is of a nuclear standoff between the US and North Korea that can only be diffused by Dennis Rodman?
Brett
Fishing Czar

Re: Serious question

Postby Rambler » Jun Thu 15, 2017 6:39 pm

He'd probably be better at negotiating a deal than Trump.

The fact is that we have around 5000 nukes and NK has maybe 10. Also, if we saw them getting ready to launch their launch sites would disappear instantly.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jun Thu 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Rodman just gave them a copy of Trump's negotiation manual, lol. What about Seoul?
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jun Fri 16, 2017 6:13 am

Seoul is f'd if any war breaks out - not just nuke. City is in range of 100s of NK artillery guns. 1000s would die. Makes the whole thing impossible.

On the other hand, waiting it out makes sense. Eventually the Chinese will get sick of it & pull the plug.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby BassCaster » Jun Fri 16, 2017 8:14 am

Brett wrote:percent that can only be diffused by Dennis Rodman?

4% about 24:1
I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, women and fishing. The other half I wasted.
BassCaster
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Brett » Jun Sat 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Rambler wrote:Seoul is f'd if any war breaks out - not just nuke. City is in range of 100s of NK artillery guns. 1000s would die. Makes the whole thing impossible.

On the other hand, waiting it out makes sense. Eventually the Chinese will get sick of it & pull the plug.

So is it fair to say then that Rodman is a significant geo-political asset for South Korea?
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jun Sun 18, 2017 8:36 am

Sorry but I can't take your premise seriously. Rodman was a great - if somewhat weird - basketball player. If the peace of the world rests on his shoulders we're completely f'd. We may be anyway considering the instability of the guy in the White House.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jun Sun 18, 2017 9:06 am

Lmao I so badly want someone to but no one will. Is there anyone else in the planet who has a personal relationship with both Trump and Kim Jong Un? Stranger things have happened.
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jun Sun 18, 2017 10:55 am

Your hope seems based on 3 unstable guys getting together to work things out. Somehow I just don't see how it would work.

And sadly, Rodman is the most 'normal' of the 3. It is a strange world indeed.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jun Sun 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Idk if I would call it hope. I just find it entertaining.
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Jun Mon 19, 2017 9:01 am

Brett wrote:I just find it entertaining.

Good perspective. When Trump was elected I went thru various stages of shock, anger, denial, etc. Then I realized it was straight out of a Kurt Vonnegut novel & decided to just laugh at everything he does. It just don't get no weirder than this.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Flipper999 » Jun Mon 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Wow. Trump bashing on a fishing website. Since someone else started it I will chime in. Trump will be good for the private sector and bad for the public sector. If you make your living doing something not covered on the taxpayers dime he is the right choice. If your candidate lost don't blame the right. She did it to herself. As far as Rodman goes he seemed to be instrumental in getting that guy released so he could die at home surrounded by family. I have sympathy for the family but the bottom line is don't go to North Korea, it can be bad for your health. Don't underestimate Dennis Rodman's intelligence either. If you really listen to him he is a pretty bright albeit eccentric dude.
Flipper999
Game Fish

Postby coyote » Jun Mon 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Agreed with what you say Flipper about politics, this site is really starting to go down the tubes.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jun Mon 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Thread was supposed to be light hearted. This is a Chicago site and Rodman has a history with the city, and is quite the character and in a unique position. I've never divulged my views on here for obvious reasons and will continue not to do so. If I did I would probably piss of the right and the left, lol. There are pretty accomplished anglers on here from a wide variety of perspectives, and we all probably have a lot more in common with one other than the clowns in Washington, regardless of what party they represent. Take it easy fellers, 'merica.

download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby Flipper999 » Jun Tue 20, 2017 4:30 am

Well said Brett. I fish to get away from all of the BS that life brings. I don't know why but this really seemed to push my frustration button yesterday. Maybe a case of the Mondays? Feeling more mellow today. Fish on boys and girls.
Flipper999
Game Fish

Postby Rambler » Jun Tue 20, 2017 6:10 am

Sorry if I offended anyone.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Flipper999 » Jun Tue 20, 2017 6:15 am

No offense here Rambler! I enjoy your posts (well most of them). I think I am just growing tired of all the negative rhetoric going around and just felt a need to voice my opinion. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Flipper999
Game Fish

Postby MrB » Jun Tue 20, 2017 6:40 am

Maybe lets get our heads out of the media sand and thank our President for getting the young man out of captivity. The parents themselves said that the previous administration either through their incompetence or apathy did nothing. So, in a way the blood is on their hands too. Interestingly enough the previous administration worked their butt off to give up 5 terrorist leaders in exchange for a deserter and traitor in Bergdahl. Go fishing, complain about your guy losing somewhere else.
MrB
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jun Tue 20, 2017 8:30 am

MrB wrote:Go fishing, complain about your guy losing somewhere else.

Didn't mean to sound like I'm complaining. Hillary was a disaster. My concern is for our country.

And agreed that getting the young man out of NK was a good thing. But let's face it, anyone who goes to NK - for any reason - needs to have their head examined. And if you just have to go you need to know that you're not in Kansas anymore and the monsters who run the place are always watching you and will take any opportunity you give them to f you up.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityTavern