Get ticked off

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Get ticked off

Postby bassman29 » Apr Mon 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Just a psa.

Hit the river for a little bit after work. Discovered a few ticks on clothes when I got back to car. Also found 1 little bugger on back of my neck when I got home.

Just a reminder to check yo self before a tick wrecks yo self
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Get ticked off

Postby RonG » Apr Mon 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Aren't they a little easier to spot and remove after you let them get to the size of a tangerine?
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rooger » Apr Mon 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Can't decide what I hate more - getting home and removing ticks from my body and clothing, or the next few hours thereafter when every little itch has you convinced you missed one.
Rooger
Game Fish

Postby EAS » Apr Mon 17, 2017 9:15 pm

bassman29 ... love the Ice Cube reference. ;-)
Eric
~ Fish happens.

There's a fine line between adventure and a bad idea.
EAS
Fishing Czar

Postby bassman29 » Apr Mon 17, 2017 9:34 pm

EAS wrote:bassman29 ... love the Ice Cube reference. ;-)

Because Lyme disease is bad fo yo health 8)
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Apr Tue 18, 2017 7:30 am

bassman29 wrote:Because Lyme disease is bad fo yo health 8)

My wife & I spent a week in the Blue Ridge a couple of Springs ago hiking with old friends. Glad we did since it was the 2nd-to-last time we saw our great and dear friend Ken.

When we got home I found a tick in my hair. A day or so later I noticed a target-shaped bite on my left underarm. Went to the doc in the box & she put me on doxycycline for 21 days. Wiped me out but not as bad as Lyme disease would have.

But to completely gross out - years ago I was in Green Bay on business. One day for lunch I went to a county park up the Door peninsula & took a hike. Stopped to visit the governor. No big deal. When I got home I found one of the little mother fuckers had taken up residence on my johnson. YEOW!! Not fun getting that one off. :crazy:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Apr Tue 18, 2017 9:46 am

I suspect after my turkey hunt on Friday, ill be picking them off by the dozens.

Then, of course, as I become delusional after sitting against a tree for 6 hours, I'll daydream of heading back to the cabin where Brad Paisleys tune "I want to check you for ticks" will be playing. Except upon my return, in lieu of a hot blond wearing boots and dukes, I'll be welcomed by more burly, tick covered, turkey hunters who after decades of turkey hunting, insist you're better safe than sorry when it comes to these fuckers.

Now that's the real, outlaw country tick check they don't write shitty songs about.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Tue 18, 2017 11:18 am

Rambler wrote:
bassman29 wrote:Because Lyme disease is bad fo yo health 8)

My wife & I spent a week in the Blue Ridge a couple of Springs ago hiking with old friends. Glad we did since it was the 2nd-to-last time we saw our great and dear friend Ken.

When we got home I found a tick in my hair. A day or so later I noticed a target-shaped bite on my left underarm. Went to the doc in the box & she put me on doxycycline for 21 days. Wiped me out but not as bad as Lyme disease would have.

But to completely gross out - years ago I was in Green Bay on business. One day for lunch I went to a county park up the Door peninsula & took a hike. Stopped to visit the governor. No big deal. When I got home I found one of the little mother fuckers had taken up residence on my johnson. YEOW!! Not fun getting that one off. :crazy:

Was visiting my ex-wife's family in Kentucky about 10 years ago in May, I think. Springish time. Was out picking morels in the morning. Later that evening I found one had taken up residence on the bean bag. Like yours... wasn't fun to say the least...
SmalliesNEyes
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Apr Tue 18, 2017 4:33 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Was out picking morels in the morning. Later that evening I found one had taken up residence on the bean bag. Like yours... wasn't fun to say the least...

Repeat after me - YEOW!!
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby JB » Apr Wed 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Same here. Monday hit a local pond with some tall grass ended finding one of those buggers crawling across my neck. So early!!!
To fish or not to fish......that's a stupid question.
JB
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Apr Wed 19, 2017 2:49 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Was out picking morels in the morning. Later that evening I found one had taken up residence on the bean bag.

Kudos on the quick detect. It's hard walking with 3 balls as 'three's a crowd'. Please tell me that you didn't find the tick because that's where you were plucking the mushrooms. :shock:
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Haha, definitely not Ron. :lol:

I found him before he was blown up and filled, so that's good. No 3rd testicle for me.
SmalliesNEyes
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Apr Wed 19, 2017 3:55 pm

RonG wrote:Please tell me that you didn't find the tick because that's where you were plucking the mushrooms. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record I found mine because it's really difficult not to notice one on the end of your member.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Apr Wed 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Rambler wrote:For the record I found mine because it's really difficult not to notice one on the end of your member.

What if you are like me, African American or another dark skinned ethnitrocity?
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Darkstar72 » Apr Wed 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Rambler wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Was out picking morels in the morning. Later that evening I found one had taken up residence on the bean bag. Like yours... wasn't fun to say the least...

Repeat after me - YEOW!!

Marty from another site found one in the same place. He almost got Lyme....lucky he didn't but we all need to look.....apparently EVERYWHERE!!!

I agree with the "every little itch feels like a tick after you find one on your clothes" sentiment. I didn't find one on my clothes or body the other day when I got out BUT that didn't keep me from carefully feeling and running to the mirror to check every time my back itched or my leg felt weird.
Darkstar72
Fishing Czar

Postby PuddleJumper » Apr Wed 19, 2017 7:43 pm

I was out last weekend for about a hour or so and bought a couple of those buggers home with me. I sat down at my desk and felt something on my thigh under my shorts.Got rid of that one and had the itchys all evening till later I felt something on the back of my neck for number two. Spent the next 1/2 hour or so checking out my entire self. That was the first time I have had multiples after such a short time out.
PuddleJumper
Game Fish

Return to WindyCityTavern