6/11 creek + fri n sat fox

There are seemingly endless amounts of rivers, creeks and their tributaries throughout northeast Illinois.

6/11 creek + fri n sat fox

Postby matt_ski » Jun Sun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Started the weekend on the good note catching couple of nice smallies on the fox on friday evening. Then the Saturday happened. Also on the fox, I hooked into about 3.5 feet long muskie with my ml rod and 8lb braid. Thought I snagged a rock, but then it almost jerked the rod out of my hands. Couldn't move it an inch, then it came at me, showed itself in its full glory, gave me a stink eye, jumped, and shook the hook. My caunter was reset back to 10000 and the bad juju stayed with me for the rest of the evening.
Decided to brush it off and hit the creek on sunday morning. It was on fire. Started slow with small cranks, but after switching to white swing impact on a plain 1/8oz jig I landed four smallies, four casts in a row. Overall 11 fish with 2 biggest in the pics below. My buddy had similar numbers and sizes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt_ski
Minnow

Re: 6/11 creek + fri n sat fox

Postby jmdog2003 » Jun Sun 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Nice lookin smallies for sure. Just hooking into a muskie is a thrill. I'm only 2 for 6 on them on the Fox since 2013. Landing them involves a lot of luck.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Rivers/Tributaries