Chicago Fishing Forum banner

New favorite bass bait...it will catch you numbers

928 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bigo100 
#1 ·
VIDEO LINK:

The mepps #3 is my favorite bass bait now if I just want to get the skunk away. Always produces fish for be on a sunny day. Also I caught plenty of nice fish on it.

#3 ·
Nice video.

Prefer a #7, so do big bass. #3 for white bass on the wisconsin river maybe.
I think it depends on the body of water and how the fish are behaving but I generally agree with Aux, don't be afraid to throw bigger Mepps. I throw size 5 on the lakes and river impoundments I fish in Michigan. I tend to throw size 3 on the free flowing river I fish but the bass in the free flowing section seem to like downsized baits. In Illinois ponds I used to throw size 3 and 4 but I might have done better at times with bigger.

G
#4 ·
A #3 is a good search bait if you're in unfamiliar water ... especially rivers. Good multi-species lure and to help build confidence and get your mojo going.

Looking at that pond, I'd have fished it with topwater all day. A lure too big for all those little guys to mess with. But whatever floats your boat!

#5 ·
I regularly use 00 size Mepps with my UL gear. Used Mepps Aglias & Comets - can't remember the size - fishing for dolly varden in Alberta years ago. Great lures that have been proven winners for generations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.