6/19 Morning

Fox River - Northern Illinois
Fishing Information & Reports

6/19 Morning

Postby djsend » Jun Mon 19, 2017 9:44 am

Got out for a solo wade on dads day and did ok with 6 smallies in the 13-15" range & one GIANT carp but fet the bigger ones were still out there. Snuck out this morning before my 9 am conference call to see if I could find any and try out my new rod. Got myself a new 13 Fishing 7' 3" Omen. I got 3 little tail biters about 10-12 inches all on my bitsy bug & craw jig. Moved a little down stream and started flipping just past a good rock pile that was totally underwater and hooked up with this gal. She hit it pretty hard and I thought I had snagged a rock but then she started to move and it was all good. Measured about 17 1/2" based on my rod handle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ask advice from everyone but act with your own mind.
djsend
Game Fish

Re: 6/19 Morning

Postby SmallieSavant » Jun Mon 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Nice! Great looking fish. I consider you to be the king of the Bitsy Bug lol
Nightcrawlers are the king of all worms.
SmallieSavant
Fishing Fanatic

Postby badger75 » Jun Mon 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Nice fish
badger75
Minnow

Postby djsend » Jun Mon 19, 2017 3:05 pm

SmallieSavant wrote:Nice! Great looking fish. I consider you to be the king of the Bitsy Bug lol

I'm far from a king but I guess there's worse things to be called!
djsend
Game Fish

Postby PuddleJumper » Jun Mon 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Nice fish, gotta love it!
PuddleJumper
Game Fish

Postby jmvalentine1975 » Jun Mon 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Were you getting in near the baseball field in Batavia on Sunday morning? If so I ran into you with my dad by the bridge. Didn't get any more on the whopper plopped but picked up a few dink smallies on a ned rig and my dad got a silver bass which I thought was pretty cool.
----------
John
jmvalentine1975

Postby EAS » Jun Tue 20, 2017 9:51 am

A "silver bass" eh? Drum?
Eric
~ Fish happens.

"People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- BSG
EAS
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby djsend » Jun Tue 20, 2017 1:34 pm

jmvalentine1975 wrote:Were you getting in near the baseball field in Batavia on Sunday morning? If so I ran into you with my dad by the bridge. Didn't get any more on the whopper plopped but picked up a few dink smallies on a ned rig and my dad got a silver bass which I thought was pretty cool.

Yes sir, that was me. I really want to fish the Ned more but I've been doing pretty well on the jig I can't bring myself to cut it off. And the one time I did run the Ned I got the biggest carp I ever have, bent my hook so bad I had to throw it away. How do you guys fish them anyway? Upstream, downstream, dip them around rocks?
djsend
Game Fish

Postby jmvalentine1975 » Jun Tue 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Sorry; silver bass a/k/a white bass. We used silver and white interchangeably when I was a kid in Michigan, when we'd occasionally catch them in Lake St. Clair (every once in a while you'd get into a school of them and you'd get a bunch).

I wouldn't switch away from what is working for you. I use the Ned rig when I'm not having much luck but refuse to go home skunked, because I can usually pick up a dink or two with it (I've yet to catch anything of size on it). I usually cast upstream and let it bounce along the bottom with the current, keeping the line fairly tight. Lighter weights work better because they snag less. I like green pumpkin and California craw.
----------
John
jmvalentine1975

Return to Fox River