Chicago Fishing Forum banner

April 20 / Fox

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  busse bass man 
G
#1 ·
Got out early evening on a whim with my youngest son Brent. A wicked-looking wall of clouds was moving in from the west ... the leading edge of a cold front. I had Brent rigged with a silver shiner Northland Mimic Minnow on his #MERICA spinning rod with Fireline Crystal and showed him how to dabble around shoreline boulders, current seams and eddies. In twenty-five minutes, he landed three respectable smallmouth, including his largest to date (pictured). He's not a fan of lipping big bass, so was glad we had the Lucid Grips with to make things easier. He was stoked as his good fortune for such a short outing.

I tossed my usual big swim jig and got clobbered twice, landing a 16" and 17.5". It has been a great week of fishing. I've mostly stuck to kayaking and boated some beauties, including an 18" and 18.25". I've scored at least one "big one" every time out, which has made the paddling and exploring worthwhile. USGS 12.63' / 3,830 CFS-

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.