Good morning at Beck 6/17

Beck Lake - Glenview, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Good morning at Beck 6/17

Postby Pomodecon » Jun Sun 18, 2017 8:00 pm

This is my first post. I have been reading a lot from some of you regulars. Thanks for the good advice and pics. I took a tip from minstrel, who has recently been using the Ned rig. I was using it for the first time. I usually go with a Senko Texas rigged setup. I like the slow fall. The Ned worked like a charm. I caught six fish in a little less than two hours on Saturday morningwith a lot of fishing pressure. There were already a lot of guys on the bank and in yaks, and most were not catching much.

It was a weird pattern for the morning. The fish were holding close to the grass line on the shore (although it looks like the grass off the shore is finally gone from the weed kill). On the second fish, I was dragging the Ned rig quickly over the grass to recast, and BOOM, there was a big explosion just below my feet about six inches from shore. I flipped the rig back over the grass and ran it up on the moss, and it hit again. Nice fish!
IMG_0021.JPG

I began to finesse the bait parallel to the weed line as before, but, once again, while I was winding fast over the moss by the shore, another small bass hit, and another, and another. I have had this happen to me before but never so consistently in one day. I did notice that some small fry seem to skim across the moss/grass and splash a little. Maybe that's what the bass were chasing.

Thanks again for this great forum!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pomodecon

Re: Good morning at Beck 6/17

Postby joetrain » Jun Sun 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Nice fish. Beck does get its share of anglers so it is nice when you can score with all the pressure it gets.
~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby minstrel » Jun Sun 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Hey way to make the Ned pay off! Im glad it worked for ya, that looks like a great fish.

I actually caught four on the Ned today out there and heard from other people they weren't catching anything :D

Welcome to the board!
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby bassman29 » Jun Sun 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Nice beck bass for sure.
Thanks for posting
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jun Sun 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Welcome to the board, and nice fish. I really should give old Ned a try.
Brett
Fishing Czar

Postby FISHdank » Jun Mon 19, 2017 8:57 am

Very nice beck bass!
I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
FISHdank
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cRaZy_BoY » Jun Mon 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Welcome...nice looking fish!
cRaZy_BoY